Monday, September 17, 2012

Surprise! You've won....

Sometimes the Universe surprises me.

I was surprised one Friday when I logged onto my Facebook page and saw that I had won a prize from my LYS (local yarn shop) B'ewe'tiful Knits.

The prize was copy of Interweave Knits Holiday gifts 2012 and a skein of Plymouth Yarn's Baby Alpaca Grande.  This was just enough to complete one pattern in the book.

Let me tell you that this yarn is so soft, so beautiful that I was loathe to work with it.  What if I messed it up?  It was so perfect as it was, nicely laid in its label.

But I resisted that urge and got my needles out.  I casted on and here's the result:

The most agreeable model in the world!
The buttons are from my Grammy M's button tin that I inherited.  I have no idea of where she got them but I know they cost less than a buck for all 500 buttons.

I like how the double buttons give the owls some personality.

Let me know what you think about the Owl Cowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment