Monday, March 24, 2014

The Second Stash Exchange & The Color Yellow

I participated in another sock yarn exchange.  

This time we did a blind exchange.  As we entered we placed our donated yarn into a brown paper bag.  That was set aside as we had a wonderful lunch that Sue had prepared.  Karla brought dessert, a plum cake.

We adjourned to the living room and discussed our first blender project.  Socks were displayed.  Socks were touched.  Socks were tried on.

We are not all at the same place in our blended sock journey.  Karla had one sock completed.  Sue shared her pair.  And I showed both of mine.  I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of all of them.

After a while, Sue retrieved the brown bag from hiding and we reached into the mystery.

I pulled a lovely ball of dark purples, greens and browns with a sparkle first.  It was right in my favorite palette of colors.  My next pull was purples and blues, still in my color palette.  The third ball was greens and blues, a yarn of spring colors.
Abby surrounded by the yarn from our second stash exchange.
 I stared at my stash for a long time.  This included the gifted mini-skeins from Karla.  Something seemed to be missing and I could not find it in my stash.  I messaged Karla with my plea for help.  She arrived at my door bearing more yarn gifts.  This time a bright yellow and a lighter purple and green yarn.
The improved second stash.  Note the big ball of yellow and the purple with no sparkle.  And take a look at Abby!  She has new "clothes."
I am still working on the socks from this stash.  
Start of the sock from the second stash exchange.
I am waiting until I am done before deciding whether or not I like them.  The lighting in my knitting den is not the best for color.   I did take them near a window and saw that they did not look as bad as I thought.

 While I travel this journey of color, I find myself working with colors I am not comfortable with, colors I have avoided for one reason or another.  Yellow is that color which is in this pair of socks.

Yellow is not one of my favorite colors.  Which is strange because my bedrooms curtains are flowers on a yellow background.  My quilt is yellow.

You have a favorite color, we all do.  But have you ever thought about that color, or colors, you do not care for, may even dislike?  What is it?  Leave a brief comment.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YELLOW!! My wedding was Purple and Yellow.....Yellow and any other color with any Yellow in it just makes me happy! AND I LOVE YOUR SOCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karla. You were the one who started this journey and it has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete