Friday, October 3, 2014

Results of the Kool Aid Experiment

Two posts ago I wrote about dying yarn with Kool Aid (see the post The Kool Aid Experiment).  I thought you might like a look at what I knitted from that yarn.
Pearl and the Kool Tiles!
What do you think of all the pretty colors?  Georgous! 

I used Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Pearlescent as a backdrop for the Kool tiles.  Then to make it long enough to be usable, I added crochet box shell to both ends in Sensations Truly Beige.

I love how the crocheted blocks echo the blocks of color.

I owe a special thank you to my friend Karla for helping me dye the yarn and for listening when I was in a tizzy over how to complete this.  She suggested using an earthy color on the ends.

Karla is so creative and has a great eye for color.   Be sure to stop by her store on Etsy. Visit Karla's store by clicking here  I know she will appreciate and you might find some wonderful soap or socks to buy for the gift giving season.

I am entering Pearl and the Kool Tiles into the local scarf and fiber show.  I will try to post photos of it hanging on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH I know it will be the best stole in the show!! Hooray for the kool tiles!!

    ReplyDelete