Saturday, November 7, 2015

Back to Socks!

It's been back to sock knitting recently.

I made sock "Crazy Socks" for the 6 year old nephew.
These are crazy alright!
If you wanted to knit them for yourself just
looked for the pattern "Mojo Sock Recipe" on Ravelry.
Then I had to knit socks for myself.  The yarn was a gift and it is so pretty!
Is that ball of yarn fabulous?
Thank you, Karla, for this ball from Nomadic Yarns
in the colorway:  When You Play the Game of Thrones.
To preserve the striping I had to do an afterthought heel.  That means I knitted the sock and went back to do the heel.  It made my head hurt!  First, I tried a normal afterthought heel but it was too tight.  I ripped that out and found something called the Crystal Heel which leaves the sock just snug.
Here's a close up of the Crystal Heel.
I think these are lovely striped socks. Don't you?
I love how the pattern makes the stripes all bendy.
Anybody have any ideas of what I should knit next?  Just make a comment below.  Thank you.  And remember, to keep your feet warm!




2 comments:

  1. I love all the socks... but the fun and funky "Crazy" socks are simply inconceivable!!!

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet tomatoe heel might have been another good choice for the stripes or the double gusset along the bottom maybe??

    ReplyDelete