Saturday, February 14, 2015

Making Lemonade

You know that moment when you realize that not all is going along as swimmingly as you hoped?  That moment when a project does sideways?  That moment you realized that you made a mistake and that you have several choices?

This is what happened to me.  I thought I was finishing the second of a pair of fingerless mittens.  I was really happy and pleased.  I bound off the main part of the mitt, and tried it on before finishing the thumb.

I am surprised you did not hear me moan in agony.  I realized that I had left out the final repeat of the woven pattern!

Oops!  The one on the left is missing a repeat.
Rather than making a rash decision, I put the mitt down and did something else.

I thought about it and knew I could either frog the mitt back, or decide I was making a longer pair and a shorter pair.

I decided to make the two pair as I thought the first one was a bit long for my liking.

So now I have to wind more yarn into a magic ball.  More Russian joins!

Have you had a crafting oops?  How did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment